Tuesday 23 May 2017

The Car Inventory

Cleaned out the car today. Here's the inventory:
9 coats
5 handbags (theirs not mine)
4 pairs of socks
1 odd sock
2 books (one of which I swear I have never seen. Did they shoplift it? And manage to get it into the car without me noticing? Highly likely.)
3 pairs of wellies
2 Happy Meal troll heads
5 hair bobbles
7 buckets
8 spades
1 kite
1 stick/small tree
1 stuffed chick
1 sun hat
1 windbreak
1 buggy (single - we ditched the double ages ago because it was a bastarding behemoth of a buggy, as all double buggies are.)
3 pairs of 'lost' sunglasses
1 rotting apple core
4 half full bottles of water
One perfume stick
One bottle of 'go to sleep' lavender spray - I have no idea how or why this in my car. No idea. Beyond 'because twins'.
2 uneaten Yoyos
7 YoYo cards
473* empty Haribo packets
271 empty crisp packets
1/2 tonne of biscuit crumbs
At least 17 satsumas worth of dried/mouldy satsuma peel (which actually made me feel a bit better because at least they do eat some fruit, as well as all the Haribo, biscuits and crisps!)
A LOT of sand (half a beach at least)
Countless used, snotty wipes/tissues
My car is now as gleaming as it can be, given the abuse it has suffered. I am under no illusion that it will stay this way. Within a week, two weeks max, it'll be back to being a cesspit full of rotting food and crap. Until then, I shall thoroughly enjoy the fleeting cleanliness. Parenting: you've got to take your wins where you can find 'em!
*I've started to make numbers up now. Basically, too many to count.

No comments:

Post a Comment